Join Our Team
NAMI Pasco Board Of Directors Recruitment
NAMI Pasco is seeking board members for their 20/21 board of directors.
Deadline: October 1st, 2020
Area: Pasco County FL
Organization Description: NAMI Pasco provides support, advocacy, outreach, and education to those with mental health conditions and their loved ones.
Title: Board Member, NAMI Pasco Board of Directors
Role: Serves as a board member on the NAMI Pasco Board of Directors. Ensures that NAMI Pasco achieves its mission by providing governance, developing policies, representing it throughout the county, and fundraising.
- A demonstrated interest in the organization’s mission and goals.
- Specific knowledge/experience in, and willingness to offer assistance in at least one of the following areas: not-for-profit organization management, human resources management, strategic or operational planning, finance, accounting, law, funds development, community relations, lived experience of supporting someone with a mental illness or managing a mental illness.
- A willingness to expand knowledge of board responsibilities through orientation and ongoing education. Willingness and ability to donate five to ten hours a month to the organization by preparing for and attending board and committee meetings and assisting in the execution of activities.
- Participate in regularly scheduled board meetings, typically monthly, on the third Monday at 7 pm.
- Represent the organization at special events, at least one every three months.
- Stay informed and brainstorm ideas between meetings.
- Abide by the bylaws and policies of the organization.
- Fully understand and support the mission and values of NAMI Pasco.
- Fully understand and support the programs and services that NAMI Pasco offers.
- Establish and maintain policies.
- Develop and/or monitor short and long term planning and goals (Strategic Plan).
- Keep up to date with developments within our field.
- Support the Executive Director.
- Make an annual personal financial contribution and participate in all fundraising activities in a give or get fashion on behalf of the board.
- Review agenda and supporting materials prior to any meetings.
- Attend all meetings of the board, including any committee meetings you may be assigned to.
- Avoid any conflict of interest or appearance of conflict.
- Adhere to confidentiality.
- Assist the board in carrying out its fiduciary responsibilities.
- Bring personal/professional expertise and that of others to support the mission of the organization.
- Suggest possible nominations to the board who can make significant contributions to the work of board and organization.
- Represent the organization in both the public and private sector. Serve as an advocate for the organization.
- Support decisions of the entire board.
- Participate in social media likes, commenting, and sharing of content.
- Remain a NAMI Pasco member for the duration of your time on the board.
To Apply: Send your resume and cover letter answering the following questions to Info@NAMIPasco.org.
- Why do you want to be a NAMI Pasco board member?
- What experience do you have with serving on a board?
- What experience do you have in mental health?
- What do you feel you can contribute to the board?