Become A Board Member
JOIN OUR ARMY OF THE ENGAGED
The NAMI Pasco Board of Directors strives to be an all-inclusive board comprised of individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences, who bring critical leadership skills and strategic opportunities to the organization. The Board works collaboratively with and provides oversight to the Executive Director, creates governance and development policies, and promotes fundraising and volunteering events. Individuals who are passionate about NAMI Pasco’s mission and vision are strongly encouraged to apply.
The NAMI Pasco Board of Directors is comprised of individuals who come from a variety of backgrounds with unique skill sets, who are dedicated to the organization’s mission. Serving on the NAMI Pasco Board of Directors is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about advocating and directly impacting mental health in our community.
NAMI Pasco Board Members are expected to:
• Be active NAMI Pasco members (memberships available for as low as $5 a year)
• Make a three-year commitment to the organization.
• Attend monthly board meetings, read board materials in advance of meetings, and come to meetings prepared to ask questions and to participate in discussions
• Attend NAMI Pasco’s fundraising and volunteer events
• Gain a thorough understanding of NAMI Pasco’s programs and stay informed regarding current program and event offerings
• Represent NAMI Pasco in the community and advocate for NAMI Pasco’s mission, programs, and services as appropriate
To APPLY please send resume and cover letter with the answers to the following questions to ExecutiveDirector@NAMIPasco.org
- Describe your current or past involvement with NAMI or why you would like to be involved moving forward.
- What skills can you bring to the Board?
- What other boards have you served on in the past or are currently serving on?
NAMI Pasco’s Annual Meeting When New Board Members Will Be Elected Is November 18, 2019 (place and time TBD).