You Can Apply for Medicaid or The Children’s Health
Insurance Program (CHIP) Coverage Year Round
There’s no limited enrollment period for these programs. If you qualify, you (or a family member) can enroll immediately. Check it out right here at HealthCare.gov
Also important to note – your children could qualify for coverage through CHIP, even if you don’t qualify for Medicaid.
Make sure your friends and neighbors know this too – take a minute to share this message with them.
Yesterday’s NAMI Pasco July Education Meeting, Monday, July 7 at 7 PM, was a huge success! Twenty guests joined us around a sizable conference table at the home of our generous host, North Tampa Behavioral Health.
The screening of “Depression and Bipolar Awareness: From Diagnosis to Remission,” prompted a number of questions for our guest speaker, Jason A. Tompkins, LCSW, Psychotherapist, and Chairperson of the Tampa Bay Chapter of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.
Among the things we learned:
- Clinical depression is episodic, recurrent, and worsens over time
- Genetics and stress play a role in depression and bipolar disorder
- It’s very important to get a good evaluation from a well-credentialed doctor to determine the scope of illness. (What, exactly, is going on physically, emotionally, mentally?)
- Depression and bipolar disorder are treatable conditions. They will respond to treatment, just like diabetes and cardiovascular diseases, for example
- People with the illnesses can go on to lead happy, productive lives!